Saturday, January 23, 2010

Focus

My world is very diverse. Soft bodies that snuggle up with me in a hug. Warm, soapy water that contrasts the smooth edges of the dishes that I wash. The prickly whiskers that tickle my face when I get a kiss from the love of my life. The soft rain that speckles my glasses when I look out on the world. It is this diversity that caught my attention yesterday when I was walking out of the Rec Center. It had been raining (not much of a change from the rest of the week) but at that moment it had stopped, leaving little droplets of water hanging off these tree branches and I thought "I need to take a picture of that". So out came the camera and there began 15 minutes or so of complete frustration! Uhg! Do you know how hard it is to get a picture of a tiny branch when your camera wants to focus on the building behind it? Between not getting the focus, then knocking the water droplets off the branch, I decided that I need to find another tree and try again. That is when I discovered the coolest looking tree trunk ever. Silly to notice these things, but sometimes that it what I have to do.
The bark was peeling away from the trunk, curling and twisting, as the tree grew.
So I abandon my droplets and focused on something unexpected and spectacular. :)This is the series that I shot. It was amazing to me that on such a horrible day, when the grey clouds matched my mood and the rain hid my tears, Heavenly Father helped me find my focus.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Stacie, after reading your couple of posts I think maybe your a little over whelmed this semester, take a deep breath and know that your doing the best you can at the moment. Take one day at a time, and know that this will not last for long,each season brings something new.Know that your loved by many and things will even out pretty soon. Love ya

Shannon Lytle said...

I thought you said writing wasn't one of your talents! You are very good with words. This post is beautiful and poetic.