Sunday, January 3, 2010

12 Step Program

I am grateful ... that my hallway carpet got clean.
I am grateful ... that I got a TON of new towels for Christmas.
I am grateful ... that my daughter didn't break anything when she went sliding into the wall because the carpet was soaked.
I am grateful ... that my washer isn't broken.
I am grateful ... that I have a machine that will suck up 40-50 gallons of water that came gushing out of my washing machine.
I am grateful ... that I am strong enough to spend 2 hours sucking up said water, with said machine.
I am grateful ... that the floor under my washer and dryer is totally lint free.
I am grateful ... for my husband who hauled out the cloths from the washer to the bathtub so that we could drain out the remaining water in the washer, then folded the cloths in the dryer and straightened the living room and kitchen.
I am grateful ... that my kids passed out by 8:30 so that we didn't have to deal with them and the flood in the hallway.
I am grateful ... that I didn't have to call a repair man.
I am grateful ... that I get to sleep in tomorrow.

But mostly I am grateful that now I get to go collapse in my bed.

3 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! Those are definitely NOT my favorite kind of days. Good for you for being grateful. :)

Three Catanzaros said...

o my....sounds....like, um...you had fun? :)

Heavenly said...

Good attitude.

Not what I would have done...I have a perpetual bad attitude and this would have put me over the edge.

;)