Thursday, December 31, 2009

Potter's Clay

It is quite amazing that we are at the cusp of a New Year. For many it has already begun, but for me and mine I have a few more hours to contemplate the time gone by and the time yet to come. Moments of time tick by...tick...tick...tick...and I still don't find the motivation to move. This year has rushed by whether I wanted it to or not. Wife, mother, student, these roles all seem to blur and compress together, making the time fly all that much more. Funny thing, time ... there never seems to be enough and yet there are moments when eternity yawns before you. I have thought throughout this day about my resolutions for the time that is coming upon us this eve. About what is truly important to me and what I want to change. But mostly about one question...Am I becoming the person that Heavenly Father sees that I can be? But there are so many others. Am I a good wife to my husband? Am I fulfilling my end of this contract that we made 12 1/2 years ago? Are my children being taught all they need to know to make it through this life safely? What haven't I taught them that they should know? Will I ever use what I have learned? Do I follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost well enough? So, so many questions. Moment by moment I step closer to a New Year and I wonder what these new moments will bring. Work is the only cure I know to make the changes that need to be made. So as this new year comes into being I will work. Neal A. Maxwell said this - "The Lord knows our bearing capacity, both as to coping and to comprehending, and He will not give us more to bear than we can manage at the moment, though to us it may seem otherwise. Just as no temptations will come to us from which we cannot escape or which we cannot bear, we will not be given more trials than we can sustain."
Work is the key. Because we are never given more than we can bear and “Patience is, therefore, clearly not fatalistic, shoulder-shrugging resignation; it is accepting a divine rhythm to life; it is obedience prolonged.” - Neal A. Maxwell
So patience and work is what I will bring to this New Year, knowing that Heavenly Father will buoy me up, strengthen and heal me, making out of me what he sees fit.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I totally agree, and amen to it all. Love you daughter...