Monday, December 14, 2009

In the Eye of the Beholder

Not that anyone would know it by my site, but I am an Art History major and LOVE art! So I have decided that once a week I should put up some of my favorite pieces of art and architecture as to enlighten the minds of my fellows. :) LOL Basically I just want a better excuse to put up pretty pictures.This week's piece is called "Flamming June" by Fredrick Lord Leighton, done in 1895. I first saw this piece close to 13 years ago. My friend, Celeste, showed me a poster of it and I fell in love! I think it is where my "Lady" collection has its roots. She currently resides in the Ponce Museum of Art, in Puerto Rico. Do you love it, hate it, or could care less? Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Becky said...

not really my cup of tea...but that's what makes us so unique. We all like different things. I'm grateful for art lovers like you. I do appreciate art, just in different ways.

Heavenly said...

LOL...you know how I feel about it. You should check out his other pieces--they're pretty fantastic.

Rex Family said...

I am liking it. It's unique and I love the colors.