Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Thousand Words

There are some things in this world that just wig me out. Walking barefoot on wet grass, throw-up, masses of crawling things, and venomous snakes getting indoors to name a few. My daughter is quiet the adventurer herself, but there are a few things that wig her out too.
Stepping on slimy stuff left on the kitchen floor, having her brothers sneak up and scare the bajebers out of her, and spiders. Especially spiders. Screams like a girl. Yes I know she is a girl, but that is really the only time she actually squeals and runs away. lol
Now our family LOVES to watch Nature and Nova on PBS. I can always get the kids to come settle down and watch those two shows. Doesn't even matter it it is the most boring Nova or Nature ever, they will still come watch it. This last weeks episode was on the Black Mamba Snake, in Swaziland, South Africa. As you can see from the progressive pictures of my daughter that she is fascinated and somewhat repulsed by what she was seeing. (I was right there with her. :P)
As the show progressed we were all getting more and more wigged out, but it was these last two faces that say it all! EEWWWW!!!
I don't think Hannah has any plans on ever living in South Africa! LOL For that matter neither do I.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You'll see staci you'll get called on a mission there with marcus once all the kids are out of the house

Becky said...

cute pictures - i'm not a big fan of said items above either.

Krista said...

Ack! We watched that, too, and I could take most of it (although I was uncomfortable)... right up until the snake surgery (to implant tracking devices). Eeeyach. *shudder* *shudder again* Blech.

Those crazy snake trappers... what's wrong with just shootin' the darn things, anyway?!?! Looks like they're still populating quite well... and if they're completely deadly, then let me give a big BOO-HOO about one less in the world... ;)

Heavenly said...

I'm right there with you, Hannah.

Yuck.