Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oddities

I have often wondered why I am so caught up in the idea of being normal. Normal is a very generic and not very well defined term that has caused me a lot of frustration over the years. I worry that I am to bold, that I don't look right or that I am just plain odd. So this morning as I was folding my cloths at the ungodly hour of 6:30am, I thought to myself that I am a bit odd. Normal people fold cloths when they come out of the drier in the middle of the day, but nope not me. Normal people can't tell you about the devastation that the Lamprey Eel has caused in the Great Lakes and then turn around and tell you the historical differences between a ziggurat and a mastaba. But I can. Defently ODD. So I have decide that my oddities are what make me endearing and knowing how to make a fabulous cheese cake and ace a test on Ancient Egyptian Art is not a bad thing. So celebrate everything that makes you NOT normal! Because being odd is a wonderful, normal thing. :)

6 comments:

Becky said...

I embrace my oddities. :) Glad you do too.

Katrina said...

I love it.... odd is good.

AJ said...

I love your last sentence...being odd is a wonderful, NORMAL thing!

Erica said...

YOU, odd??! HA! What IS normal anyway??????? LOVE YA!

Heavenly said...

I've ALWAYS thought you were odd. <3



:D

Cindi said...

It is EXACTLY wht makes you so lovable...plus the fact that we are all relieved that we are not the only "ODD" ones!!! We are in this together!!! HOORAY!!!