Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Thing ... You know? The Thing...

As I was talking with my hubby last night, I observed that he was getting really good at interpreting what I was trying to say. He just laughed and said that with 12 1/2 years of practice he ought to be. Now I suppose it wouldn't really be all that hard to interpret my adult speech, except for that fact that I have some sort of brain disorder that replaces normal words with the phrase "that thing-e". So when trying to ask Marc to get my carmex off of my nightstand in the bedroom it comes out ... "Would you get that...thing...off that...thing-e, ... you know THE THING, in the bedroom. It's by the bed ... with the, ah, light on it. OH YOU KNOW, ... THE THING!" Aaaaggghhhh It is so frustrating!!! I learned how to talk some 31 years ago or so and you would think that I could string a simple sentence together. Now I know that having had children has altered my brain irrevocably, but it has been 7 years since I had Sam and I have been going to school and exercising my brain for 2 years now, so you would think something would come back. BUT NO! Nothing, notta, no comprenda! I just thought I would put down in writing the fact that I can be articulate and say. "I need the Carmex that is setting on the nightstand, next to the bed, in the bedroom." See? Not so hard. :)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

haha, I like it how mark knew what you needed!
We all do it!

Becky said...

FUNNY! It's your brain...ON CHILDREN! (atleast that's what I tell myself)

Cindi said...

Just wait till you get a dose of the NEXT generation...I just tell myself it is overload...but I haven't found a way to delete the unnecessary information yet...

Michelle said...

That is too funny! Yup having kids can do that to you!

The Crazy Heads said...

I'm glad I'm not the only whose children stole all their smarts!!!!