Sunday, September 13, 2009

Playing in the Water

At the end of the school last year, we talked as a family and decided that our end of summer family activity would be to go to Roaring Springs Water Park. We were supposed to go the week before school started, but it has just been so dang busy that we didn't make it until yesterday. That worked out good though because it was half the price (since it was the last weekend they were open) and still 90 degrees out. It was also less crowed and we all had a wonderful time.
Here's Marc lounging' in the shade. We got there early enough to get a great spot, with chairs and shade. :)
One of our favorite rides was the racer. Marc and I always won because of the extra weight. We would make it all the way to the end every time.
Isn't this a great picture of me? LOL I thought so. Marc was our picture taker for awhile until he was coaxed into the water. He did great at both.
This is the Avalanche. This would be why my arms feel like they are going to fall off. I hiked the tower with the raft 4 times. Those rafts are NOT light. Something about safety and sticking to the slide. Anyway. Here I am with one of my kids but I couldn't tell you which one as the rides all seemed to blurr together. I also had my eyes shut. :)
This was was a fun race slide. Hannah is on the yellow slide and Sam was on the blue.

Hannah and Nik
Alex and Sam
Here is proof that Marc went on some rides. He had lots of fun and I am a so glad he came. It is hard to put aside things that need to be done to spend time that need to be spent with the family at times and I know Marc will be blessed for the time that he spent.


We couldn't get away without a classic Alex look. He was ready to go home about 2 hours before everyone else. He was also much more clingy than normal. He has been struggling some of late and it became very obvious yesterday. He hardly wanted to go anywhere without me. Which lead to me going on A LOT more slides than I anticipated. Which intern lead to some pretty sore muscles this morning. :/ Ah well, I would be sore for my kids any day of the week. :)

1 comment:

msnhascat1 said...

It was a blast. Can't wait to go again. i love you


Love

Marc-e