Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Org-a-manize-ing

In the spirit of getting my house ready for fall I have been trying to be better organized. I worked all day yesterday getting my bedroom, bookshelves, laundry, and general cleaning done. It was Labor Day after all. ;) Anyways I wanted to immortalize my work so that come Christmas I can remember what clean looked like and what I am striving for. LOL
Here is our calender board. It is dry erase and magnetic and I moved it into the hallway were it would be more easily seen.
Here is my backpack/kid catch-all in my entry way. I have one of those over the door hangy things but the kids are still to short to get their stuff on it and all of the school stuff ends up in a junky heap. Drives me bonkers! So I found a four square wire rack thing from Big Lots and gave each kid a cubby. They seem to like it and I have floor space to walk in and out of my house. :D
This is my "office" area in my bedroom. It works for my odds and ends supplies. I love the place we are in right now, except for its lack of storage. So I am trying to make do.
I got my book shelves organized too. I have a third large one in my hall too and it needed to be straightened which lead to these being straightened. It is a viscous cycle. :/ Anyhow, these are some of my efforts to de-clutter and de-junk. It is an ongoing process that I can't seem to win, but I am going to put up a good fight!!!

3 comments:

Three Catanzaros said...

looks good:)

Katrina said...

Good job it does look good.

msnhascat1 said...

That thing, you know the thing over there. LOLOLOLOL. I love you so much. You make me laugh.

Love

Marc-e