Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Di--jit--tal

First of all, my adventuresome daughter is having a great time with her Grammie in Utah. They went to the public pool yesterday and to Lagoon today. Here she is with B. I was impressed with how similar their smiles are. It's those Catanzaro genes coming though. :D Here is my final project for my Photography class. (The pictures are a little fuzzy because I had to take pictures with my digital camera instead of scan them in because they are on mat board.)
We had to do some sort of series. I used my kids in mine because I loved the portrait assignment so well. So I did an organic vs. man-made type of thing with the kids in groupings.This is the close ups of each shot. Here are the boys in front of a marble wall. I had them just look at me because their smiles tend to be to inconsistent. (They become somewhat plastered on.) So instead they tend to look like little gangsters, but the pictures came out great. :)I really love this one of Miss B and Nik. In the original Hannah's face is a little lighter. It looks awesome.This is at the "Crack" in the wall in downtown. It is a river sculpture that Hannah loved.
This is the gangster shot of Nik and Sam. The graffiti is legal, but I think I am going to have to lock up my boys until it is time for their missions.
This shot of the four of them is really neat. They laid on this black and white checkerboard floor and got this cool effect. And this shot just reminds me of caged monkeys. Nik even has this look of "go ahead and stare, but you better beware". This one still needs to be mounted and I am not sure that I am going to worry about it, as I have the five that I need.

Needless to say I am grateful that I only have two days left. I will go check in tomorrow but my work is complete and I won't have to stay. I have no paper or film left and I have shot all that I am going to for this class. One thing I have discovered about myself is that I love photography, but the digital kind. I really want a digital camera that has some more powerful lens, that I can work in photo shop with. I enjoyed the dark room, but I enjoy digitally working with my photos more. :) So I am officially back to digital.

10 comments:

msnhascat1 said...

The picutres look really cool. i love you.


Love

Marc-e

royalkeister said...

nice b&w's. want to do our family some time? some friends of mine use a holga camera. that might be right up your alley too. especially doing b&w's. keep up the good work.

larry

Debbie Murdock said...

Awesome pictures my friend!!

Wendy said...

nice job! I really like the last one... you should include it!

Three Catanzaros said...

awww look at your little "emo" kids:)

Homeschool Mom said...

Great job! You have discovered another talent. Way to go, girl!

Cindi said...

I love the feeling of each one...the contrast, the textures...great job!!! Cute kids didn't hurt in taking these, never mind having talent and imagination!

The Crazy Heads said...

So cool, great job. I LOVE the caged monkey one!

AJ said...

Great photos!

Megs said...

Wow Stace!!! I am so impressed!!! I LOVE photography, it is the one thing I wish I had taken classes on when I was at BYU! Your pics are just gorgeous, seriously! When my little ones are a bit older and I have some free time...assuming that I EVER get any free time, LOL, I am planning on taking some photography classes! I am also dying to get a great digital SLR camera, they are truly amazing! :D I think I might get one for my Christmas/Bday/Mothers day gift for this year. Sounds do-able now, huh? BRAVO Stacie, I absolutly love your pics, you have an amazing eye. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! :D