Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh Zucchini, How I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways...

This is not the prettiest veggie in the garden. And if you saute it then it can be pretty tasty, but...if you grate it up...You can make Zucchini Bread!!! Sam helped me get the batter ready.Not so yummy yet,it beats together into this sort of goo,
gets separated into pans,and becomes this! I love the way if fills my house with yummy, sensational smells.
There is nothing like warm, just out of the oven Zucchini Bread with butter slathered all over it. Can you taste it? I have a very happy tummy. :D

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2 cups white sugar

2 cups grated zucchini

2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 cups flour

3 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
  3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Yummy... I am going to try it when I get some succhinin. thanks for the recipe

Three Catanzaros said...

ur a brat!

msnhascat1 said...

I see where i get my spelling from LOL. I love you the bread was really good. My frosting wasn't bad either. ;p

Love

Marc-e

Debbie Murdock said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe! I've been trying for years to find a good zucchini recipe. Anything with cinnamon in it I'm sold!

The Fletchers said...

Thanks for this recipe Stacie! I'll be sure to use it next year when I try to grow a few zucchini myself!

Jen