Friday, July 17, 2009

My Eden

Marc has told me a few times that my pansy's are my own personal Garden of Eden plants. I got them in March and planted them and they just keep blooming! Here we are in mid-July and they just keep going. They really are beautiful. It has been amazing to watch them go. Even in the heat today this is how great they look. :)I have a range of purples and a light white. I love the striations in the pedals.My Hollyhocks have gone to town too. I am sure you are not to excited about seeing them, but I can't resist taking their pictures. :) This ruby colored one was a surprise. It doesn't look as red on the picture, more pink. It is interesting to see some of the pedals in this plant. In every flower pod there is one deformed petal. It has happened in each flower on that plant that has bloomed. I love how the light was coming through here. It showed off the iridescence of the petals.These two bloomed in my small pot. They are just so pretty. I didn't expect to get these variegated ones.Different variety, notice this one has ruffled edges, but their color is very similar.
I love the macro shots of flowers. I hope to someday get a good enough camera to take some really close up shots, but for now this will do. Thank you strolling with me though my own Garden of Eden.

5 comments:

AJ said...

I love pansies!

Cindi said...

Your pansies are just amazing!!! I tend to shy away from them in May cause I know they won't bloom through the heat...welll...I'm trying them next year!!! Guess you really do have a green thumb!

msnhascat1 said...

I am telling you they just won't die. LOLOL. I love you so much. Thank you for everything you do.

Love

Marc-e

Katrina said...

Yours are beautiful, mine are all dryed up and need to be thrown away. They did great until the heat hit this last week. My Holly hocks and glads are going strong tho.
Love ya....

Wendy said...

not sure where to find your email address... email it to me;
emailwendyt@hotmail.com