Thursday, July 16, 2009

Light and Line

So I have survived my first week of Creative Photography. Can I just say *PHEW* !!! It has been a long week with me being gone from about 7:30am to 4:30pm for the last 4 days, plus being gone in the evenings for about an hour every other day to take pictures, oh and we mustn't forget my math homework. I have felt like a chicken with its head cut off a few times, but I am getting better and soooo thankful for my wonderful hubby who picks up the slack at home when I have to be out with school. I love that man!So I thought I would show you some of my hard work. Our first assignment is called 'Light and Line'. We are to take three rolls of a variety of everyday things that show light and line. This first print is not finished. I still have to much contrast between my lights and dark and your eye is pulled instead of finding an overall cohesiveness. But I think it is coming along nicely.This print is what I have termed in my head "my contraband shot" because when I took it I wasn't thinking about my assignment, but how cool that big honkin' dragon fly was just sitting there. I just couldn't resist taking the shot. Turns out to kind of go with the light and line concept after all. lol I know I am silly. It is still not finished. I want to bring the white tons down and pull out some more contrast with a lower filter. (Photo speak for making it look better. Scary I know!)This is my first officially (almost) finished print for this project. We have to finish three prints for critique on this coming Thursday. I think it is awesome and really captures the concept of Light and Line. It may look a little dark on the computer but in person it is really quiet pretty. I say almost finished because my instructor is going to help me very carefully tone down the one spot that is just a touch to bright on the left hand side by the tree trunk. That leaf caught the light and there is a hand brushing technique that will take care of that. We will do it on Monday. What amazes me is that I found the shot to being with. I have always known what looks good or how to make something sit right, but it has been fun translating that into work of my own. :)

Now I intend to enjoy my next 3 days off and reclaim my house and play with my family. *contented sigh* Night.


6 comments:

Becky said...

thanks for your sweet comment last night - and i LOVE your pictures. looks like you're doing a great job! :)

msnhascat1 said...

I love you to babe. i am more than willing to pick up the slack. I love you very much, any help I can be I will.

Love

Marc-e

The Crazy Heads said...

It looks awesome. You are doing great, keep 'em comin'.

Katrina said...

Your doing well and Marc so are you.. I am proud of both of you. It is going fast and won't be long before you both will be back full time again. Love ya

Cindi said...

I LOVE that photo...it is amazing the things we miss if our eyes are not trained to see them...keep sharing, I am loving it!!!

Melissa said...

I'm just catching up from being out of town. These are WONDERFUL! I really like the dragonfly one.