Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yummy

I know how hard it is to find a yummy, different recipe for your family. I tend to get in a rut and want to cook about as much as I want another hole in my head. :P So when I find something that everyone likes and eats the leftovers of I figured I would share it. Plus it is really easy to make.
Four-Cheese Bow Ties
2 cans (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1 pkg (16 oz) bow tie pasta (or whatever type you have)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/3 cups grated Romano cheese (I use a Mexican mix because I didn't have the Romano)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup crumbled blue or Gorgonzola cheese (I used more of the Mexican mix cheese because I didn't have this kind)
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 1/4 cups juice; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine the past, sauce and reserved tomatoes. Stir in the cheeses and parsley; toss gently. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serves 12 ENJOY!
(Sorry I couldn't get it from being squinchy).

1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

Sweet...thanks for the recipe! Sometimes it does seem like we eat the same things over and over again.