Friday, April 24, 2009

Threshold

There are certain things that bug a person. For me it is when you have just swept and straitened your kitchen and then sit down in the living room to do homework, look over and see a ton of dirt under you stove and refrigerator. *grrrrr* Bugs me to no end. Well I remedied that today. I pulled out my stove and refrigerator and the dinning room table and scrubbed everything. Can you say shinny! Makes me happy. :D I am glad I did it too, because there was stuff under there from the previous owner. Soooo YUCKY! Anyway on to the funky picture. This is a CT scan of Sam's head. Looks just like him, right? lol This was taken yesterday. His upper and lower sinus cavities are almost completely blocked with infection again. *sigh* In the scan the area's of black are what is not infected, in what would be the cheek area and in the nose. The brain and eye sockets are supposed to be grey, but not the other. He hasn't even been out of surgery for two months. (The surgery was March 2) Last time he was infection free for 6 months. This infection started almost a month ago, so only one month after his surgery and only two weeks after he was done with the antibiotics from the surgery itself. :( So he is on meds for 30 days again. This time Levaquin, Prednisone (a tapering dose), and he continues on the Nasacort and has to do a saline rinse twice a day for the next month, oh and he starts allergy shots on the 1st of May. He is also photo light sensitive and gets to wear straight zinc oxide on his cheeks, nose, and ears for the entire summer. All I can do is shake my head and just take it a day at a time. He can swallow pills now and he is taking every thing else in stride. He's a real trooper and I am really proud of him. He has an appointment in 6 weeks and will get a CT scan again and hopefully this treatment will knock out this latest infection and the allergy shot will keep him clear. Cross your fingers and pray.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh Sammy, grammy is sorry your not feeling good again. I hope this cures it ths time. Love you

Cindi said...

Poor honey! I will keep him in my prayers.

Your Eternal Companion said...

Ye its a bit frustrating. Hopefully this will take care of it. I know he doesn't feel well. We will get through this though. Love always and forever.

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, and Tayvree Hansen said...

oh my gosh that is a nightmare! poor sam, poor mom!!!! :(