Tuesday, April 28, 2009

*g*l*u*b*b*

Okay so I will say that today might not have been the absolute best day to ride my bike home. But in my defense it was not raining or even threatening when I left the university. There was some dark clouds off to the side and in the distance. But the thing with weather in Idaho, in April, is that it changes rather fast. And that distant cloud became not so distance and started to pour and hail on me.
I was able to take refuge under one of the overpasses for a bit and man did it open up and just dumped a ton of water!The rain was coming down through the holes in the bride. It made some really cool pictures. Makes me wish I had the right kind of lens to capture it better. :P But then....
there was so much water that the bike path started to flood and then it didn't matter if it was raining or not, I was going to get soaked no matter what. My bike does not have mud flaps. lol So the end results were more like had been swimming in the pond than riding my bike. As you can see I had a dry patch on my back were the backpack covered it and an area that I am not going to photo for anyone, but it was attached to my bike seat. *wink*wink* lol Notice the dirt on the butt. Lovely I know :P But you know I got my exercise in, enjoyed a great spring day, and survived just fine. :)

Here to a wonderful day. You just have to have keep pedaling and smile. :D

5 comments:

Three Catanzaros said...

lololol:)

Heavenly said...

Wow...that was some storm!

I have also had the dirt line up my back...so attractive. LOL

Cindi said...

I love the pic of you smiling anyway...you have a talent for doing just that, Stacie. You will always find joy in your life. I miss you.

kannie said...

That's great!!! Love the pics - so glad you had a camera with you!!! :-) (And that was one HECK of a storm!!!)

Debbie Murdock said...

Totally miss the bike path and miss those Idaho storms! We were always so amazed how some of the tunnels would just fill up with water.