Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scrappin' on the Playground

So if you look at the photo of my youngest son, you may notice a somewhat red area on his cheek left cheek (right looking at it straight on). Yes, that is his first 'shiner'. He got sent to the principles office for fighting on the playground today. One of the other first graders in another class was playing wall ball and got mad at Sam at which point he punched Sam. And not one to take things lying down Sam punched back proceeding to "fight". I can only imagine them rolling around on the ground. It actually makes me laugh even though I shouldn't. I won't be laughing if it becomes a habit. But at least he defended himself. This afternoon the kids and I went to the park to play while we waited for Marc at football practice. That is them tackling the equipment.

4 comments:

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, and Tayvree Hansen said...

what a funny kid!!! i'm glad he defended himself!

Debbie Murdock said...

I am glad too that he defended himself. So many times kids just take it.

Your Eternal Companion said...

I am thrilled he defended himself as well but fighting is not always the answer. I love you, can't wait for next week.

Nicole said...

AHH! I can't wait to go to the park! We still have quite a bit of snow on the ground. Today is supposed to be in the 4o's. HEAT WAVE!! Oh, well, at least there should be some good melting going on!