Sunday, February 8, 2009

Monday, Feb. 9, 2009

Yesterday was a wonderful day. The Boise Stake had a special stake conference and Jeffery R. Holland came to speak. It was a wonderful, uplifting, spiritual day. I don't know how to put into words what if felt like. I was also blessed with the opportunity to sing in the choir. It has been more than 4 years since I have sung in a choir and it felt really good to cultivate that talent again. I did pretty good. I wouldn't say I am ready for Broadway, but I passed. It was such a blessing to sit on the stand without the distraction of the kids and just listen. One thing that really struck me about what Elder Holland said was that we are in the final chapter of this world. We don't know how long the chapter will be, but this is the last chapter and the gospel of the Lord will NEVER be taken from the earth again. Also that we are in this place, at this time because it is were we are supposed to be. The Lord puts us were he needs us and if we are willing to just go and do, then we will be so blessed. The chorus of the last song was very fitting. "I'll go were you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea, I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I'll be what you want me to be." We are blessed after the trials of our faith. After we go. After we travel 3000 miles away from the only home and family we have ever known. After we go with our hubbies to were the job is. After we give birth in a strange hospital, with a brand new doctor for the third time. Then we are blessed with friends that become family, jobs that allow our family to be supported, healthy happy children and the best doc you've ever had. It is because we go that we are blessed. I loved this conference and the spirit that was there gives me hope and peace. I know my Savior lives and loves me. He knows the person I am and what I need to become the person that he sees when he looks at me. Just as he does each and everyone of you.

4 comments:

kannie said...

What a neat opportunity!!! :-) And I love the reassurance that we're where we are for a reason. Very empowering!!! :-)

AJ said...

Great opportunity! I sure miss you. I told Bishop McMurdie yesterday that I need another Stacie and Marc Catanzaro on the activities committee. He said he'd try to find two couples that will equal the two of you.

Mostly Stacie's Space said...

Hey Baby, I agree it was amazing and hard to describe. Keep up the good work.

Love

Marc-e

Homeschool Mom said...

Thank you, Stacie. I needed to read this. Thank you for sharing your testimony, and that sacred experience you have had. I needed that!

Maria