Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Drama!

So I am writing this before I forget. . . About an hour ago, Hannah comes running downstairs and says that there is a big ugly spider behind her nightlight. So I told her to take care of it. She does not like spiders, but I figure this will build character. So she enlists the aid of Sam. They went to investigate and decide that the best way to kill it would be to suck it up with the vacuum. This way they won't have to touch it with anything. So they haul the vacuum upstairs. This is when Alex gets involved, because Hannah and Sam are trying to vacuum it, but the spider decided to move. Alex is like, "Oh come on, its just a spider." Then proceeds to scream like a little girl along with the other two when the spider charges them. In between time I can hear them discussing if the spider will still be alive when sucked up or not. Well after they went screaming from the room. Hannah decided that she had enough and enlisted Nik. He doesn't have an issue with spiders and calmly went up there and sucked it up. So Hannah came down to give the report that they had killed the spider and to inform me that Alex was afraid of spiders, to which I hear "NO, it was just all ugly and yucky." From Alex upstairs. I chuckled for a half hour. It was all very dramatic and involved all of them. It was very funny. Well thanks for reading. Hope your adventures are as exciting as ours have been. :)

By the way it just a wolf spider and they do die when sucked up in a vacuum.

9 comments:

kannie said...

LOL!!! I'm laughing so hard, but I'm kinda freaked out, too, LOL *shudder* LOL *shudder*

*shudder*

That is a really funny episode, though!!!

Cindi said...

A spider in the house always elicits such drama...it just gets more fun!

Katrina said...

Oh Meggan won't want to come and stay there now...lol.... how funny and I can see it now, the 3 of them screaming....hey can't wait to see you next week.... really looking forward to it.

AJ said...

How funny! Thanks for the laugh!

I don't know if you got the reply to the cinnamon rolls. Send your address and next time I make them I'll save you some...Don't hold your breath. It may be Christmas time before it happens. They are our traditional Christmas breakfast.

Heavenly said...

Uh...yeah. I wouldn't have screamed, but I don't like spiders charging me either.

We find a cup and a piece of paper to take them outside works best in our house. ;)

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, and Tayvree Hansen said...

LOL!!! THAT is a GREAT story!!!! I loved it!!! :)

Megs said...

I am TOTALLY on Alex's side! Spiders are all ugly and yucky...
DEATH TO THE SPIDERS!
//shudder//
I would have screamed like a girl from a slasher movie if the spider had charged me! UGH!! Oh, how I hate them!
Love the story though- Isn't it hysterical to listen the the kids discussing stuff when they don't know you can heare them! Too funny!
:D

Wiggles said...

Stacie that was a great story. I can just see it unfolding. Thank heaven for sibblings and especially big brothers.

Your Eternal Companion said...

I am sorry I missed it. LOL You know they get that from me though. LOL You know I hate spiders. Especially those ones.

Your Eternal Companion.